View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 06:57 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
There isn't a known AFL logo L.A. Chargers pennant. Not only have I never seen one, there's a Chargers super collector named Pete Lowry who hasn't either. He has pretty much every Chargers pennant known to exist. This provides a pretty good hint at when the AFL began to use a trade mark. Had to be 1962 (the Titans and Texans were gone in 1963) which I believe predates the NFL use of a trademark.

Another oddity (probably to only me) is that the Miami Dolphins don't have a single bar helmet pennant with the AFL logo but all other AFL teams do including the Bengals who became a team two years after the Dolphins.

Mark...How could you pass on a beautiful red Texans pennant!
Maybe 1961? Bills team website and sportslogos.net shows the above logo for only 1960-61. Of course the logo could have been retired without Trench caring to change.

Another thing I noticed ... the Chiefs AFL pennant has the chief in either white or gold (pennant color).

A red Texans pennant? Wow, never saw one.

I do know the white Packers 1961 picture pennant has the NFL trademark. It lists them as Champs though so maybe it was sold in ‘62.

Last edited by thetahat; 08-24-2020 at 06:59 PM.