View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 03:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
Speaking of variations: Before Rob sold me the cool Giants and 49ers stuff, I was keeping busy looking for some 1960s/1970s Giants pennant variations. I'm finding that this type of collecting a) is useful for distracting me from my real job, and b) is not very expensive. Included here is a black variant of a Candlestick pennant that is much easier to find in Orange, a common black pennant with bat that usually does not have the 1969 MLB logo, and an ASCO (I think) pennant with the "big letter" MLB, but no date.

Great pennants Marc. This is such a cool and untapped niche. I’m hooked on it too. So many rarities in the late 60s to early 80s. They are fun to find. The upside is there’s not a lot of competition for them so you can usually get them on the cheap. The downside is there’s not a lot of competition for them so you can get them on the cheap. They are great adds to a collection, but resale value isn’t there because there aren’t enough diehard pennant collectors out there who can recognize or appreciate the variation/rarity. We need to change that.