View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 05:40 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
How do you re-pay someone on ebay after they've refunded you? I was in a similar situation (Item was lost then appeared at my door a couple weeks later) a couple months ago and couldn't figure it out so I stealthily sent them my email address and we completed the payment via F&F. Would've done it the "correct" way if they made it a little more easy to figure out.
There's not a way to initiate repayment through eBay that I know of. There is a way to appeal a case ruled in the buyer's favor by eBay on a severely delayed package if you later have tracking info that shows it as delivered. In that case though, I suspect eBay would cover the sale amount themselves in most cases rather than going after the buyer for payment a second time. Or simply deny the appeal. I did find out the hard way recently that if you voluntarily refund a buyer on a delayed package rather than waiting on eBay to force the refund, there is no way to appeal your own decision to voluntarily send a refund, even if the package finally turns up.

So unless you're in that situation where eBay ruled against you, reaching out to the seller to resolve it directly as you did is really the only way. And if you're the seller reaching out to the buyer, just hope that they are reasonable.