View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnep31 View Post
My situation wasn't USPS but UPS which occurred this past Tues.

I had a large box of cards arriving, including unopened loose packs and boxes. I'm working from home so I used the UPS function to track where the truck actually was....all day.

I don't live in a big city and I watched the driver zig zag, backtrack, go out into the country then back into town all day. On three different occasions he was within a 30 second drive of my house during the day and did not deliver. He finally stopped after 5!

When I did get the box it looked like it had gone 10 rounds with Tyson. Thankfully the packaging was good so the boxes were not damaged, but I took pics before opening...just in case.

I can only imagine the amount of time that would have been saved if he would have had a correctly mapped out delivery schedule. Best guess is he would have shaved off a few hrs at least.
UPS has a GPS system that tells the drivers which package to deliver next. I'm sure the driver knows that it was stupid to drive by your house so many times, but he/she doesn't have a choice except to follow that route that is determined by the GPS system. The Post Office put one of these systems in place a few years ago, and it was a mess. It had carriers driving the wrong way on a one way street, among other crazy things.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.