View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 06:28 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Here is one most forget about. 1937 San Diego Padres PCL Real-Photo Team Postcard with Ted Williams (Rookie)

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=46689
Love the card, first it's way out of my price range unless I find one all creased up or something but that is still okay with me. Though I do feel the cards with just the player himself is really what I would be going after in a rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Depends on your definition of "old". I haven't seen much in the way of Zeenuts forgeries but I don't know that I would plunk down four figures for a raw DeMaggio on eBay from an unknown seller (especially if he says "God bless" or mentions charity in the listing). The ML card I'd most like to own is the 1977 Chong Modesto Henderson, which has been faked.
Well not having many forgeries makes me feel better about the Zeenuts. I too have been wanting a 1977 Chong Henderson too, I have tried to buy two of them in the past but that was back in the early '80s. Couldn't strike a deal as they wanted more then I could pay or thought it was worth at the time. Didn't Henderson have 1978 Chong as well? I must have 10 of his TCMA's first card, which I love, but his Chong along with Sandberg and Rypkiens rare minor league cards they have by the TV or Radio stations are also on my list of ones I would like to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Clark Griffith's Old Judge is a minor league issue. He's with Milwaukee still.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
As is Kid Nichols, with Omaha.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Earl Averill is in the 1928 PCL Exhibits set.

Brian
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
If you follow this link, every baseball HOF'er as of 2010 is listed here along with their 5 earliest cards, including just about all minor league cards:

http://www.oldcardboard.com/ref/rookies/RookiesList.asp
Brilliant! Thank you so much, that is perfect!