View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 08:41 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Of course!! I forgot about Dimaggio.... a HUGE one (or two). There is a 1920’s player too that has a minor league card- it came to auction recently. A buddy tried to convince me to buy it, but I was not into the player so I don’t recall who it was/is
Thank you I would love to get one like that but I am sure it was way out of my price range unless it was like a 1. But I would of course LOVE a card like that, and I wouldn't care what condition it was in as long as I was not fake or reprinted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
It's a post career issue but Joe McGinnity is featured in the 1912 C46 set as a member of the Newark Bears.
Not interested in post-career, but thank you anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Lefty Grove has a super rare minor league card from 1921.
Thank you, I will add it to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but of course the T206 set has some HOFers on minor league teams (although some of them were guys who had aged out of MLB and returned to the minor leagues). Beckely, McGinnity, Collins.
Not interested in them if they aged out, only at the very beginning of their careers, the first few years only, but thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
That’s it, Lefty Grove!!

With respect to T206 guys, those aren’t rookie cards; isn’t the OP asking about rookies? If not, great call on those three T206 HOFers
Yes thank you, mostly rookies but I am sure if it's in their first few years I would be interested in them still, just I would pay more for the rookies to their value than I would for 2nd and 3rd years.