View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 11:45 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
So, the USPS mistakenly delivers the card on Friday, June 26, 2020, and the recent seller (who has now taken it down) posts it for sale on Sunday, June 28, 2020?

I highly doubt the current seller is a good faith, bonafide purchaser. Does anyone believe the person that mistakenly received your card immediately sold it to the current holder, who lives an hour and a half away (assuming the card was mistakenly delivered somewhere near you in Brooklyn, NY), who then took possession and listed it all within less than 48 hours after the card was mistakenly delivered? No way; no how. That timeline is too quick.

Again, I would reach out to the card’s current holder. He needs to answer some questions. I would also reach out to eBay again. You have all the screenshots. It needs to ask the card’s holder some serious questions.

You and a friend need to purchaser something from the card’s current holder. Purchase his cheap items. Then you will have his name and address when he ships the items. I recommend having a friend also purchase something cheap from him to ensure he uses the same name and address. Then, contact the local police department.

You only live a little over an hour away from him. I would not let this go. He needs to be prosecuted.
The not responding to my messages, for the original seller seems very disingenuous. I would expect if a buyer didn't get his item or there where odd circumstances with a situation, you would want to resolve it at as soon as possible. Even a courtesy response would be nice.

It will be interesting to see if the 2nd seller responds to my message. Probably not. Truly one of the oddest experiences I've ever had.