View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 03:13 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
The Bendix Radio Division in Baltimore was part of the Bendix Corporation. A large part of their business was the manufacturing of commercial electronics for airplanes and automobiles.

The Bendix Beam was a bi-monthly magazine for employees about the happenings within the company. In Oct 1966, the magazine devoted about half of it's content to the newly crowned World Series Champions, the Baltimore Orioles. Brooks Robinson was on the cover, but the magazine had articles about most of the team. The articles were organized by position, including stories highlighting contributions by the pitching staff, infielders, outfielders and even the bench players.

Ironically, there is a note in the magazine that the October issue would be the last magazine printed and it was being switched to a newspaper type publication.

Attachment 406626
Alan,

I LOVE that magazine cover! I guess when you’ve never seen the publication with Brooks on the cover before everything will look great. Please keep me in mind if you ever part with this example. This thread is going to be great for research purposes (at least for me it is).