View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 05:40 AM
Alan Strout

Default Sporting News Memorial Stadium Print

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 176 (June 24, 2020 – 176)

I’m not really much of a ticket collector. I have a few from when I went to the games and a few from picking them up when I hit a dry spell and nothing much else is out there. I know we have some big ticket collectors and possibly one day I’ll work on acquiring more, but for now not so much. I picked this ticket up because it was pretty big compared to the O’s tickets, nice looking, was a full ticket and the price was right. As a bonus, Brooks hit a HR in this game.
Much like Mark, I don't have a large number of tickets in my collection compared to some of you. Mostly World Series, playoffs, HOF games and a few from the Orioles Japan tours.

Here is a Sporting News print of Memorial Stadium from around 1982. It highlights various historical moments that occurred in the stadium. I say 1982, because it references events from 1980 and 1981, but has no mention of the Orioles World Championship in 1983. I believe it might have been reprinted around 1990, because I've seen some prints offered with printing in the lower left corner. This is one of the originals. I know I picked it up before 1990. The print is around 16x22.

DSCN2428.jpg

I included a ticket stub from the Orioles first game at Memorial Stadium on April 15, 1954 as part of the display.

DSCN2429.JPG