View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 05:02 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere1071 View Post
With my 53 Bowman set I have been assembling I began with cards in vg to vg/ex condition and at first there weren't any problems. As I got to the last few I needed to finish the set I began to receive cards that had wrinkles and in one case paper loss on the back that wasn't mentioned in the description. I previously mentioned a 53 Berra that was listed as a PSA 4; the card looked nice but up close there were several wrinkles at the top left corner. I wanted to like the card, but I finally decided to send it back and search for another in excellent condition, instead.

I've learned that a number of sellers are very "liberal" in their grading. There's also a certain amount of laziness when a seller depends solely on the posted image of a card, rather than giving some explanation as to its appearance. For the rest of my upgrades, I am going to purchase cards in excellent condition that I can clearly see and receive answers if needed before I make a purchase.

I need the following upgrades in Excellent condition: Williams, Rizzuto, Wilson, Stanky, Marion, Cain, Nuxhall, Pierce, Hodges, Spahn, Easter, Rush, Drews, Boyer, Mitchell, Berra, Michaels, A. Clark and Abrams.
I can probably help you out...

I just recently sold a very nice Berra and Spahn (EX+ and EXMT respectively), so that's a bummer. But I do have a stellar Gil Hodges (SGC 6) and Raw cards of Rizzuto and Nuxhall that are crease-free and would grade at least EXMT.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in seeing pics, or doing a trade that involves a 1956 Clemente (as described above). Thanks!