View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 06:35 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Great pickup Greg... You got it for a pretty nice price. His original $800 was a bit steep, but I think it's worth every penny you paid. I have the 1940 Tigers/Reds WS Pennant with same exact graphics and double-scroll. But yours is a bit rarer. Condition looks phenomenal as well. Nice pickup!

Rob- Great stuff as always. More than a few in there that I'm drooling over because they never come available. Very nice!

On a separate note, I just picked up this one. It rarely surfaces, because you had to redeem trading card wrappers to get it. And normally (if you can even find one) it's badly faded and/or soiled with cracked graphics. This one was the nicest I'd ever seen, and was a nice upgrade for me....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GO-...rdt=true&rt=NC

I'll be looking to sell my existing one, which grades VG, and is more faded than the one linked above. If anyone is interested, please reach out for pics/pricing via email or PM. Thanks!
That’s the Rams one I mentioned in my last post! Very cool pickup!

Thanks about the ‘41 pennant. I’d never seen it before and image search comes up empty. I paid a BIN of $740. A tick steep? but I’m trying to get something from every Bkn Dodger WS season, don’t have 1916 or 1953.

I’ve seen this style pennant for the ‘39, ‘40 series and I already had ‘47. So I wonder if the years in between were made. My guess is the 1939 Yankees-Reds pennant was the oldest to show a “scroll” of player names. I wonder if we can find the maker of these .... (Domer?)