View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 05:55 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Thank you @Nicedocter and @thecomebacker
Thank you @swarmee - I'm not looking to pawn or sell this card and I appreciate the help you shared.

@Bestdj777 - The "aging" is not artificial. But I guess I can understand how one may THINK it's artificial by looking at it.

@irv, I totally understand where you're coming from. I planned to come back to utilize the forum. In fact, I find this forum extremely useful for collectors. Eventually, I'll block the noise and the people who assume I'm "artificially" making cards or creating a story... really?

Yet, I can also see why newbies don't return because some people like @1952boyntoncollector, @albb and @Bestdj777 assume I'm making this up, so rather welcoming me to the forum and share some advice and tips (as others have), they decide to bully newbies around - Why would anyone want to return?

I came to this forum to first be welcomed and secondly get some tips and guidance, not for people like @1952boyntoncollector, @albb and @Bestdj777 to think I'm making up a story or try to "age" a baseball card. As I stated in my original post, I don't plan on selling the card (real or fake) because of the sentimental value it holds.

Also, I didn't feel it was anyone's business, but I guess I have to explain the WHOLE story to@1952boyntoncollector, @albb, and @Bestdj777 or they may think I'm making stuff up. This card was given to my mom and me from a cousin who was tragically killed back in 1992 at the age of 20 years old on the streets of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

Here's some advice from someone who could possibly be one of your sons - Words matter, our tongue has the power and strength to build or to destroy. And people should NEVER assume someone's story and bash them, just because there may have been phony posts started in the past.

@hcv123- Thank you! Some people feel good when they're punks behind a computer. Regardless of real or fake, I'm keeping the card, and I appreciate the advice.

Again, thank you for those who have shared your inputs and advice.
Glad to hear, and I agree, this is a great site with tons of knowledgeable members more than willing to help most times.

Welcome aboard.