View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 05:54 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Sorry to hear that. An earlier post referenced your hard disk being full. I truly believe that.

I am now 61, and feel healthy. About to retire, not by choice but it was forced on me and it's all OK. I am / was an IT professional. I could remember multiple tasks and jobs (I'm talking 10-12 concurrent things) on here I was and who was involved where, but in and around 40-45 years old I had to take on less tasks.

I forget things, but I also find there is much more information on my hard disk (or memory) that IMO things fall out. Coming back to sports, for many years I could name every league champion, MVP, players on multiple teams, etc. in all sports going back to my youth, and prior. Now I have trouble remembering who won what 2, 3, or 5 years ago. I think part of that is the older we get, the more playoffs and seasons we have watched and enjoyed, and at some point it becomes too much.

Up until I was about 20, I could remember each and every summer from my youth and what I was doing that summer. Eventually the summers of my adult life all seemed to run together. Even special trips, I struggle to tell you what year it was. I think it's because there are always more years to remember.

We need to better organize, and we need to consistently have everything in a certain place. Then it becomes habit.

I echo many of the earlier thoughts... take care of yourself and your own things. You cannot be everything to everyone.

Prayers and wishes to all.
Bobby,
I echo this. I am 79 and wife is a bit younger. She was concerned about her memory loss, went to a doctor and checked out better than I did. I firmly believe stress is a major cause of mild memory loss. I have never been one who could remember earlier years, because, I think, nothing happened that was really important. I remember my car accidents but not any Christmases, I remember hiking 15,000 ft mountains but not birthdays. I think of all the advice given, seeing your doctor is the best. You can take steps to help you remember where you put things but until you know for sure one way or another you will be stressed. If it is so, a doctor can give you ways to help. I pray it is not so and stress is the cause but please see your doctor.