View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:43 AM
Bob Davies

Sorry to hear that. An earlier post referenced your hard disk being full. I truly believe that.

I am now 61, and feel healthy. About to retire, not by choice but it was forced on me and it's all OK. I am / was an IT professional. I could remember multiple tasks and jobs (I'm talking 10-12 concurrent things) on here I was and who was involved where, but in and around 40-45 years old I had to take on less tasks.

I forget things, but I also find there is much more information on my hard disk (or memory) that IMO things fall out. Coming back to sports, for many years I could name every league champion, MVP, players on multiple teams, etc. in all sports going back to my youth, and prior. Now I have trouble remembering who won what 2, 3, or 5 years ago. I think part of that is the older we get, the more playoffs and seasons we have watched and enjoyed, and at some point it becomes too much.

Up until I was about 20, I could remember each and every summer from my youth and what I was doing that summer. Eventually the summers of my adult life all seemed to run together. Even special trips, I struggle to tell you what year it was. I think it's because there are always more years to remember.

We need to better organize, and we need to consistently have everything in a certain place. Then it becomes habit.

I echo many of the earlier thoughts... take care of yourself and your own things. You cannot be everything to everyone.

Prayers and wishes to all.