View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
This is one of the hardest posts I have had to write. I recently turned 50 last August. I have recently had my THIRD issue of "lost items" within the past month. One was with a members submission on the group sub. Another was a couple raw commons I sold on Ebay. The third is an American Caramel Bill Bailey I planned to get graded during the most current vintage sub.

I won't get into the details on each item, but I am alarmed. I am disturbed to no end. I guess I want advice on how to deal with losing things, just wanted to see if I was alone in misplacing cards, and should I just get out while I still have some normalcy before it gets worse.
you're taking on a lot of unnecessary crap, IMHO. Putting together group PSA submissions will stress the sh** out of anyone. That's 1 cluster f you can start with. You don't need to save the world. Just save yourself. Submit on your own and I promise you'll make less or no mistake. Enjoy it more or possibly give it a little rest for a while and don't collect so much garbage that "needs grading"? I guarantee you won't lose cards.

Key's are another story. I have 5 cars and I find it's easy to find them on a hanger in the laundry room. If I lose them now, it's because they fell out of my pocket in the car. Every time.

I have an issue like this from time to time @ 59 I find that I get mad at myself when I misplace something and can't find it...within an hour. I learned to never to be too hard on myself, which can be hard but it works. You're gonna lose shit. Don't try super sneaky hiding spots that you can't find... or write it down.

More sleep and exercise helps me. I also agree with Ben's assessment.
Good Luck, youth is still on your side. You'll be fine