View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
first off; WELCOME.

now; not that I'd ever intentionally point anyone away from collecting the monster; but let me attempt to point you away from collecting the monster (for now).

Being new to vintage can be really exciting; and you see so much about t206 you naturally desire to be where the "action" is. However; that set is truly a behemoth, ultra convoluted, complicated, and ceaselessly annoying (sometimes in a great way, but also in the less fun way).

I think a lot of new vintage collectors dive headlong into the monster, really excited about it, and then get really overwhelmed very quickly, and eventually lose interest.

There are a ton of really amazing and more attainable vintage sets out there. I'd gently recommend biting off something a little easier to chew for your first vintage meal. and really get used to the era, before taking on something that can quite literally be a lifetime endeavor to never finish
For the most part I agree with Joe.

The great thing about T206s is if you do start the set and then decide you don't really like it you are OK. I have started collecting it 3 different times, then decided I was bored with it. There is enough demand for the set that unless you highly overpaid you can easily and quickly sell them and not lose a penny.

Last edited by bnorth; 06-02-2020 at 11:35 AM.