View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 04:18 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
I’m finally retrieving my card sets and partial sets from the closet and storing upright in binders so I can better access and enjoy them. Building on the original poster’s question are there any opinions on the following?

1. The Ultra Pro Sheets are available in the Silver series or Platinum series. The Platinum are heavier gauge plastic but more expensive. Would you recommend the Platinum sheet or am I’m just over thinking this? Storing fairly high-condition 1960’s and early 1970’s sets. Earlier cards are in more modest condition.

2. The more important question for us that store our cards in the 3 D-Ring binders is what potentially damage to we need to mindful of?

Thank you in advance for any input

The Silver Series are garbage...spend a little more on the Platinum. After a couple years, the Silvers start to "loosen" and are sloppy...the Platinums stay firm, I've had zero issues and I also don't have any card movement...and I did with the Silvers. I went through all my sets a while back and replaced ANY Silver sheets I accidentally used in the past. Black box Platinum only...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03