View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

Goldin sent out an email early Friday that said please don't wait to long to bid as they system might experience slowness near 10pm? Isn't this called being on notice that there are problems coming?
I see the point here. If an email was sent indicating possible issues and not to wait to long to bid, then after the first train wreck on Saturday maybe the next notice should have been, better bid now (before the next extended bidding period on Sunday) because if the thing crashes again, we're going to just call it a day (auction over). Instead this is in limbo.

If anything comes from this, you would hope that all AHs will learn from this mess and come up with a plan B that doesn't lead to plan C. I think that's where the frustration is.

There are people that probably bid early on Sunday in anticipation of another mess occurring and now they're just going to get bumped on their high bids and push the bids towards their max ceilings.

In hind sight, it might have been better to open the Sunday bidding as normal bidding for two hours and then start the extended bidding. As far as the extended bidding is concerned - what ever happened (close clean or shut down due to server issues), happened. Finality on Sunday, period.

Bidders would have had more than enough time to put in initial bids and perhaps larger ceiling bids if they really didn't want to get shut out prior to the close of the auction.

It's easy to play armchair quarterback...