View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 11:27 PM

Default Server Crash Simple Auction Site

Hello All
This is a highly publicized auction, and not only has a tremendous selection of vintage material, but also key basketball material that has taken the media by storm as it features Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.
I stayed in touch with Simple Auctions on almost a daily basis before and during the auction, to ensure they knew what to expect and could handle the traffic. i was assured on a daily basis that there would be no issues. As we hit 9pm i noticed a slowness in the system and contacted them. it got progressively worse and was told basically 'it is too much traffic for us to handle' You cannot imagine how frustrating it is to spend 9 years building a business to a level where our auction is scrolling on the bottom of ESPN during the pre NFL draft show, and then my provider cannot handle the traffic my publicity brings to the site.
you can rest assured i will be dealing with this in the future.
in the meantime, since we had not yet gone to extended business, the fairest thing to do was not to drive people crazy for several hours trying to get bids in and getting frustrated, but to let everyone get to sleep, and do extended bidding at a reasonable time during the day, so everyone could get a qualifying bid in the items they wanted. as a result, we are open for bidding until 6pm sunday at which time we go into extended bidding with the 30 minute rule , lot by lot.
Whether we limit the number of lots in the future, close on multiple nights, or find a provider who is able to handle our traffic, this will not happen again and we are sorry for the inconvenience. we are open for bidding
thank you
Goldin Auctions