View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 11:44 AM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
cardsagain, good luck on what you decide.

I enjoy looking at your progress in the 1952 thread. In fact, it's cool to see how anybody's set building is coming along from a certain set even in the prewar section. I like seeing people's weekly pickups and especially when they take the time to post pictures.

I think what was mentioned here is correct. I find that it's tough and slow progress when you try and build the 60's or 70's topps sets card by card. Or, even when you get a partial set of 50 to 70 percent of the cards, then try and fill in the rest.. It can get kind of expensive as well.

Now, for the 50's.. If you can swing it, you can always get a partial set there, then continue building it... 1955 for example has 206 cards, compared to the huge 1972 set.

I am chugging away at my 1952 set slowly now, as I've done some focusing on prewar now... but maybe in a few months I'll go back to it, I seem to change my collecting focus a lot!
Thanks Jason. I've only been back in the hobby for barely six months (and had never collected vintage as a teen the first time), but my focus has changed a few times too in just that short time.

I'm not sure whether the rest of my '52 T set or acquiring the others will take precedence. At the moment I'm just picking up whatever good deals I can afford that fit any collecting or possibly future business needs.

Been considering this too though: if I were to acquire that entire run, where would I go from there? A big part of the fun is getting something worthwhile within your card preferences that you didn't have.

But since I have so little interest in variations/lots of upgrades/pre-war/post vintage/non-standard issues.....basically anything outside the nuts and bolts '51 to '85, with few exceptions......it feels like there wouldn't be much left afterward

Last edited by cardsagain74; 05-01-2020 at 11:47 AM.