View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:12 PM

Good luck with your project. To answer your question, I tried that as well. Most of the 80s stuff I had because that’s when I started collecting. I’ve been working on a 52 tops set off and on for years. The one thing which got to me was the building, card by card, of the 70s sets. I found it quite off-putting. I bought 76-79 complete, and built 73-75. Almost finished 72 before I threw in the towel. I just lost interest. And then the thought of building the 60s sets. Ugh. Basically the same reason I haven’t finished the 52 set - I’ll go at it hard and then wonder why I’m trying to outbid someone by a few dollars for some no name player from a set that came out 25 years before I was born. Throw in the fact that there is no way I’m dropping 30+ grand on a mid grade 52T mantle.

Those are the pitfalls I’ve come across. To avoid burnout, and this is my .02 cents, you may want to pick up a complete set here and there.

That said, I wish you the best of luck and hope you accomplish your goal. I’ll happily monitor your updates.