View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 03:23 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelucille View Post

Question I've wondered about. Do the Topps 3D cards have the same problem with bending and cracking over time? I don't recall ever seeing one that has the same issues as many Kelloggs.
At one time I had uncut sheets of the 1970 Kelloggs and 1972(?) Old Gold HOF 3D sets. I was young at the time and didn't appreciate what I had. But man those things rolled themselves up like a burrito!
Steve,

I've only handled one 1968 Topps 3D and it's been awhile since I've had it out of it's case, but I think they're slightly thicker than the Kelloggs cards. I've stored my 1968 card in a screw down case for many years with no issues yet. I've also been lucky with my Kelloggs cards. I store them in Ultra Pro sheets and they have stayed flat and haven't cracked. I just collect Orioles cards, so the cards in pages around the Kelloggs cards are regular cardboard. I not sure if that has helped keeping them uncracked and flat. I have heard people from humid areas of the country complain about their Kelloggs cards curling. I assume getting them stored before they start to curl goes a long way to preserving them.