Thread: The National
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 03:57 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Just curious, if someone files a claim now and it gets denied, then their state invalidates the exclusion... Could the ins co still deny it because the claim was put in before the exclusion was invalidated?
They'd have a fight under U. S. Const., Art. I, §10, cl. 1: “[n]o state shall . . . pass any . . . Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts.” The states might win under the two-part test the Supreme Court uses to evaluate those laws given the overriding public issues involved, but at the same time the magnitude of claims would swamp the insurance industry and send most business carriers into bankruptcy or into a Federal bail-out. It would probably be less disruptive for the Feds to simply provide BI-equivalent coverage directly, which is sort of what the CARES Act tries to do, just in the most bass-ackwards way imaginable.

But I digress.

The National is toast. They won't announce it until the last minute but there is no way that a makeshift hospital (the convention center) is going to be cleaned up in time to entice people to head there in July.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-31-2020 at 03:59 PM.