View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 05:50 PM
Phil Apostle
Ph,il Ap0stle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I do like the vivid green of the first card. Reminds me of the 33 Goudey Ruth, an all time favorite of mine. That card is way more attractive with the deep green than with a faded green look to it.

I am a semi avid buyer of the Banty cards, when they don't get too pricy. Most start at $10 and something just makes me stop at a point, not being able to spend much more than around $20 per card with a few exceptions (usually Garvey), knowing that these are custom creations and that their popularity may be limited. There are obviously other collectors with no interest in them at all, but also those willing to pay 3 figure sums, maybe more?

Are you willing to share the highest price paid for a single Banty card at auction, as the producer selling them to the public for the first time (as opposed to someone reselling one later).

I think they just look great and are certainly more "substantial" than many of the customs and ACEO cards out there that possibly compete for that piece of the collector's money.

Sure thing. No secrets there...
The highest price paid, to date, for ANY Banty Red item is 805.00. It was an oversized (12x18") trolley board advertising piece.

Four cards have topped the $400 mark--none have hit the 500.00 plateau.
The 4 subjects were Joe Jackson, Stan Musial, Roy Campanella and Jackie Robinson.

For consistency, Mickey Mantle leads the way with 7 cards topping the 250.00 mark...
2 of those 7 sold for a HIGHER price when they were re-sold by Rick Probstein.