View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 84 (March 24, 2020 – 084)

This is a glass dish from The Sun which shows an image of the newspaper from September 23, 1966 when the Orioles won the AL pennant. It states, “BIRDS WIN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT” and pictures Frank, Brooks and Palmer.

Attachment 390597

Tried to find something that included Frank, Brooks and Palmer in the same item, and this is all I could locate that included the three Oriole greats. Some of these player portraits were used by a newspaper article on October 16, 1969 and I’m unsure if you can see, but the Frank and Brooks portrait are cut out. It’s possible they used these two pictures in separate areas and just taped them back on the photo, who knows (let’s ask Alan (BaltOrioles) the resident expert).

Alan,

Were either the Brooks or Frank on this Orioles sheet originally or were they cut from another sheet and just taped back on this sheet to be used at a later time? Also, do you know what year this sheet is from?

Attachment 390598

Nice ashtray. They made 2-3 of the Pirates in 1960, but they don’t picture Clemente, so I’ve never talked myself into picking one up.