View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Ok, not arguing. I love to be educated. And I hear you. The overwhelming of the hospitals and their staffs. But the FEAR is in part causing them to be overwhelmed, everyone now thinks they have it, if they cough, gotta get a test.

And yes the ventilators, etc. Get that too, but maybe get some of these city folk out to the suburb hospitals.

And Italy, you can't really compare the US to Italy, Their country is the size of one of our states and all their people are near each other. And guessing they don't have a 10th the hospitals we have. The US is so spread out. I'd guess 90-95% of the US is not overwhelmed. I could be wrong. I am a lot. But I'm just outside of Chicago, and nothing. 1 person a few towns over has it. Another person a few towns the other way. Minnesota, the entire state ZERO deaths.

Too much panic. At least too much to ruin an economy.

Nice job China. Boy did they get even with Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Ok, not arguing. I love to be educated. And I hear you. The overwhelming of the hospitals and their staffs. But the FEAR is in part causing them to be overwhelmed, everyone now thinks they have it, if they cough, gotta get a test.

And yes the ventilators, etc. Get that too, but maybe get some of these city folk out to the suburb hospitals.

And Italy, you can't really compare the US to Italy, Their country is the size of one of our states and all their people are near each other. And guessing they don't have a 10th the hospitals we have. The US is so spread out. I'd guess 90-95% of the US is not overwhelmed. I could be wrong. I am a lot. But I'm just outside of Chicago, and nothing. 1 person a few towns over has it. Another person a few towns the other way. Minnesota, the entire state ZERO deaths.

Too much panic. At least too much to ruin an economy.

Nice job China. Boy did they get even with Trump.
The overall number of cases was up by roughly 11,000 between the 22nd and 23rd. That's about 25% (33,000 to 44000) 10 days ago it was only about 2000.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
That sort of increase is what people who know what's up are concerned about. Along with it being more dangerous if you do get it, about 2% fatalities compared to something like .5% for the regular flu.
It's also much easier to catch.

Some areas will see less trouble from it, others more.