View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 07:17 AM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 84 (March 24, 2020 – 084)

Some of these player portraits were used by a newspaper article on October 16, 1969 and I’m unsure if you can see, but the Frank and Brooks portrait are cut out. It’s possible they used these two pictures in separate areas and just taped them back on the photo, who knows (let’s ask Alan (BaltOrioles) the resident expert).

Alan,

Were either the Brooks or Frank on this Orioles sheet originally or were they cut from another sheet and just taped back on this sheet to be used at a later time? Also, do you know what year this sheet is from?

Attachment 390598
Mark,

Without seeing the actual photo, my guess is you are correct and have a combination sheet. I believe the sheet is from 1969 and the newspaper taped the Brooks & Frank Robinsons photos back on after use.. These were designed to be working file photos and it was common to cut up the sheets to use individual photos as needed. Here is the 1969 sheet I have. Everyone matches up except the two Robinsons. The Brooks Robinson photo was from an another photo. I would bet if you pulled off the two Robinsons, you might find Frank under Brooks and Mike Cuellar under the Frank Robinson. Just my two cents.

1969 Team 1.jpg

Here's the 1969 sheet I have with Brooks Robinson pictured.

1969 Team 2.jpg