View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 04:46 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Thanks Bill. Love the team photo. I believe the front row also pictures Earl's son, Mike Weaver, as a batboy.

I always have a hard time deciding what to share. I guess this was a hint to talk Foxes.

As the photo suggests, the 1960 Fox Cities Foxes were a pretty good team. They finished 82-56 and were a Class B affiliate in the Three-I League, which was Illinois, Iowa and Indiana. The only problem with that is the Foxes resided in Appleton, Wisconsin. In fact, there were no teams from Illinois and Indiana, while teams from Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin had franchises in the league.

Here are a few other items from 1960.

1960 Program

1960 Schedule

Bill mentioned Dean Chance and Boog Powell

A few players I've posted earlier, Pete Ward, John Papa and Jim Lehew, appeared for the Foxes as well as Leslie "Buster" Narum, who played briefly with the O's.
Think we should have retained Chance when we had the option. Oh, well; he went on to have a pretty good career. I “think” I have a picture with Brooks and Chance somewhere.

Really like the Boog photo you chose today. Is that a team issue or just normal photograph?