View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 11:10 AM

A thread on the immortal Mr. Mint Alan Rosen would be filled with anecdotes amusing, interesting, gut-wrenching, lingering sadness, regret(s) that never seem too far away, and a release of anger , and finally----even a miraculous happy memory that makes the collector still smile .

My highest hobby high traces to The Mint Man. One of my deepest hobby lows goes to The Mint Man. Because of my handful of hobby highs that trace directly, or indirectly, from Mr. Mint that wound up as genuine centerpieces in my collection today, I well remember the words I wrote in NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN, I am driven to hold tightly an attitude of gratitude.

Furthermore, he granted me a priceless phone interview in 2003 which I taped in order to enrich my research for my eventual book on immediate postwar regional / food issues.

--- Brian Powell

Hey Leon, you wrote of Alan Rosen, "He seemed a bit over the top to me." The Mint Man's usual manner was over the top. When Mr. Mint wasn't acting over the top, he wasn't well for some reason. That was his personality, and he was truly all about Alan. He WAS, however, very generous with juicy, vital information about the cards and items we love. He was also very approachable for being interviewed.

Last edited by brian1961; 03-03-2020 at 11:16 AM.