View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Great questions, Chris...

I really like this series, but know very little about it. Pretty safe to say it's from the early 1960s, based on the materials, style, logos and designs. The fact that there's an LA Angels example pinpoints the series to the 1961 - 64. They are well made, with thick quality felt. The logos and artwork are also top-notch.

I guess the big question is why did they run the zig-zag stitching vertically down the middle of the spine? Pennants were routinely sold on a stick back in the day, so why would they block that capability? I don't think we will ever know... probably not much to it, other than it was a quicker and easier way to attach the spine.

As for other teams... I am sure I've seen others like this, but my aging brain can't seem to garner any specifics. A few may even be pictured earlier in this thread, but who here has the time/patience to go back and find it?

Would be cool to uncover a Colt .45s pennant like this, as the era is perfect.

Throwing it back to Marc and "Baseball Rob"... Are you guys aware of a Giants Pennant with this zig-zag stitching? I know there are others out there!
Mark...Are you sure your Red Sox is the same series as the two Chris posted pictures of? That yours says "Red Sox" underneath makes me think not. Here's a Colts that lines up pretty good with Chris's though with no zig zag. What do you think?

0221 Colts.jpg