View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 01:05 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Mark,

That's an interesting question. The most difficult postcards for me are the ones I still need. LOL

The B&W issues from 1954-1969 are definitely harder to find than the color postcards from 1970 to present. Postcards from 1954-1956 are toughest to find. However, within each year from 1954-1969, there are easier and harder players to find. Most likely, the popularity and time spent with the Orioles contribute to the scarcity of certain postcards. Players often used them to answer fan mail request.

Here are a few in my collection that are on most Orioles PC wantlists.

1954 "printed" postcard of Vern Stephens. There are 10 different known and this is the only one I have. These are much harder than the 1954-56 glossy postcards in my experience.

1954-55 Glossy RPPC of Tom Gastall. There is also a portrait pose of Gastall, that is near impossible, and a 1956 with the same kneeling pose, that I also have, with 012 stamped on the back.
Thanks for the response on these tough postcards. I know there are several of Brooks I don't have in my collection. Until we met some of them I didn't even know existed. Appreciate the help in this area of collecting.