View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 02:14 PM

Default Boat Sign

This 1950’s sign is pretty late for my collection…and it’s sort of more pleasure craft than racing that I like…but so unique I just couldn’t pass on it… it’s 36” so should do well with my boating stuff….and it’s double sided!!!...so the wire attached to the eye hooks will be going away…and two brass sash chains will hang it from the ceiling…once it gets here…I’ve never seen a sign like it…From what I’ve read the Cornwallis company only lasted two or three years….they sure moved in on Chris-Craft…copy catting the “Craft” in their name…speaking of Chris-Craft…imagine if it said Chris-Craft what it would be worth…veering off a bit…I recently heard a Chris-Craft sign story that put me back in my seat…

So I’m on facebook and a guy posted a video of an off-the-chart car collection…car and motorcycle actually…it was kind of a limited quick view that panned the collection inside a decked out warehouse…right at the start I saw this incredible large Chris-Craft neon sign…I enquired of the guy that posted it if it was for sale or what…he goes…already sold…really I said…what’s the story….he says…sold for $45,000.00 to a customer of his..I said what’s the story where’d it come from…he said he got it at the 2019 Turlock Auto Swap meet…which is only an hour and a half from me…Said it was very poor condition when he got it…so poor he didn’t even make out the letters Chris-Craft it was so worn….until a friend pointed it out…