View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:27 AM

Hi Brian,

The E120 American Caramels have a very similar appearance to the nonsports E123 American Caramels movie star set. The E123s are also believed to have 2 types - ones with an American caramel back and one than is blank backed.

Personally, I think the information on the E123s is incorrect. I once acquired a large lot of E123s with the American Caramel back - and why it might be relevant here - a large number of these cards had the fronts and backs separate. There was one card with a ripped corner that had separated so it is obvious to me that this had once been an unseparated card.

Oh, and I should mention, you wouldn't believe how cleanly these cards separated. Both the front and backs were so clean that I would have thought these cards were made separately - instead of obviously splitting apart.

Based on this lot - I am convinced that there were not 2 types of the E123s - just one type that splits cleanly over time.

I have NO IDEA if the E120s are similar, but I thought you might wish to know this.

Cheers,
Patrick

Last edited by SMPEP; 02-01-2020 at 05:02 PM.