View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Sound advice...

But are any auction houses still not charging sales tax by now? Seems like every one I deal with has now implemented the applicable tax (with Mile High, REA, Hunt, and Lelands being the most recent).

If anyone can provide the short list of AHs NOT charging the state tax, it would be most helpful... thanks!
I do not know of any others. Just yesterday I received an email from Brockelman Auctions with this info included, which I pasted from the email:

As a consignor to this auction you receive two instant increases to your take home money over most other auction houses. We offer only a 12 1/2% buyers premium which is well below the major auction house levels AND as a small volume auction we are only required to collect sales tax from Texas residents, saving most bidders 5-8% and enabling them to place more bids to buy an item at the same "all-in" price. This extra money is going to the consignors pocket rather than being bled off in the form of sales tax. Combine the two and consignors will get a much bigger piece of the final sales price!

Brian