View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 06:46 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
As many of you know, I’m in Canada and am strictly a buyer. As other Canadians have said on this forum, we find eBay’s GSP an utter ripoff. The shipping costs are neither accurate nor consistent. Cards and comics (what I mostly buy) can range from just over ten dollars to over fifty dollars, from the same city and the same state. When I’ve reached out to different US based sellers, it appears they do not have any idea how much the GSP is showing on their listings.
This has been discussed before, but from someone who always pays quickly, I find it frustrates me to pay these excessive Shipping fees. however I have heard on this board how it protects sellers from fraudulent buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantleman View Post
I only buy about 20 % of what I used to on Ebay because of the Global Shipping rates.

I am also absolutely dumbfounded that Ebay does not let the seller know what the buyer sees when considering a purchase.

All of the $1 singles I used to buy that now fall under the Global shipping, I am being charged roughly $17USD per card. For us Canadians, that is huge, PLUS FACTOR IN THE ROUGHLY 30 % EXCHANGE RATE !!!

Another gripe with Global shipping is I do not believe you can do combined shipping for most orders
I no longer, and haven't for a long time now, purchased any cards/memorabilia from sellers who use Global Shipping. I am not knocking or condemning those that choose to, just stating the fact, like what is mentioned above, it can get spendy!

My most recent search of either baseball or hockey cards lead me to a seller in California whose GS fee was $92.00 U.S.!

The thing is I have purchased other cards from sellers in California and other southern states and none of those have come remotely close to that figure.

In my opinion, like a lot of things in this hobby that I have learned about in my relatively short time here, this hobby can be real ugly at times.