View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 04:33 PM
James

Default Great post!

Ted, our appreciation for your wealth of knowledge is only rivaled by our appreciation for your willingness to share it. Thank you for maintaining this thread!

I have amassed 249 of the 252, and I lack three big cards (Paige, J.Robinson, Ashburn) due to budgetary constraints. I've HELD those three cards before...

I have one slate gray (a hi#) and two PCL cards as well. Roe was one of my last acquisitions, and I also had trouble for a while getting #174 Terry Moore - so much so that I sprung for a low grade dupe when I saw one pop up. The toughest variation for me to locate was Murtaugh. I also have a handful of overprinted backs, including one that features Campanella.

I put together most of my set about 15-20 years ago, picked up a smattering of cards more recently, and will likely remain stuck on 249 unless I find a low grade trader or change income tax brackets. :-)

Please keep the info flowing! I really enjoyed seeing scarcities like the baseball bank, PCL wrapper, and the uncut sheets.

-James

Last edited by jimmysuitcase; 12-09-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: overprint