View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Reflections on 1949 BOWMAN's (25 HOFers, many Rookies)...show-N-tell us of your cards

My first complete 1949 BOWMAN PCL set.

In 1984 at the Atlantic City BB card Show, I checked-out Alan "Mr Mint" Rosen's booth. He had his usual spectacular display of "oldies-n-goodies".
Including a very seldom seen complete 1949 BOWMAN PCL set.

"How much, Alan ?"....I asked. He said 2K. I said I have exactly 2K in my pocket. But, I need to spend some of it elsewhere. He suggested I give
him 500, and we can complete this deal at a later date. He removed this set off the table and told me stop by to take it with me upon leaving the
show.
The following week I drove to his home in North Jersey. He was more interested in trading than cash. I was aware of this, so I brought an eclectic
bunch of goodies. You'll have quite a laugh when you find out what he took in trade for the 1500 balance, which I owed him to complete the deal.

Here is page #2 (of 3 pages) from my 1949 BOWMAN album. Have a good look, as you very rarely see these PCL cards.

……..… "Pinky" Woods ………………………….…… Mickey Grasso ………......………………. Xavier Rescigno

…….. "Swede" Jensen ………………..………..…… "Jo-Jo" White ………......…………..……. Harvey Storey

……...….. Tony York ……………..…….…..……..…… Jake Mooty ………........…..………..……. "Red" Adams

…..…"Iron Man" Malone …………...…….……..Maurice Van Robays ………......……..…....…. Jim Tabor

Stay tuned for my PCL find......Oh ! and I will not forget the trade deal with Rosen

TED Z

T206 Reference