View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Plum View Post
So maybe the question is of what value does the packaging of an item have relative to the actual item value. Clearly you can return many items (watches, electronics, etc) after you've damage the package. In contrast, when it comes to collectibles, the package has actual value and destroying the package reduces the value of said collectible. But somewhere in between is a large gray area.
Exactly. If I have a Lionel train car from the 1930's and it's in the original package, and I remove it from said package, it devalues the item. Same thing with an unopened Star Wars figurine from 1977. A CGC graded comic book. And a slabbed card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206fanatic View Post
only potentially compelling argument not siding wholly w the seller I've seen is:

do the sellers of cards in crapslabs (non PSA/SGC) have any responsibility for checking to see if the card inside is altered? Peter asked a number of times if the seller had attempted to have the Gehrig crossed over, without response.
So is there now an unwritten rule that no GAI cards are allowed to be sold by anyone going forward, unless the seller gets a second opinion from the Dalai Lama of card grading, PSA?