View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default I am the victim dont shoot the messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Here is what you need to do:

Buy some 1953 Topps commons from eBay. Once they arrive, then compare their thickness to your Mantle. If you notice a big difference in size, then there is your answer. If you don't, then there might be another reason why it got rejected.

That's bullsh*t - you actually believe that? If PSA had that many graders examining a single card, then you wouldn't see all those trimmed cards sitting inside their holders. Think about it. If the first grader fails to spot the trimming, then at least the second one would catch it or the third grader would catch it, right? It's obvious that only one grader examines the card and he does it very quickly. Let's not forget that PSA has trillions of cards being sent to them each year and it's just not possible for them to have two, three or even four graders examine a single card - they don't have the time for this!
please do not shoot the messenger , I just relaying what I was told
I did not believe her either ,
also
first of all the first thing I did was check the size against several 1953 cards I had 100% identical , did not check the thickness , do not have a micrometer , maybe being in heavy screw down holder squeezed the stock
but one thing I know If I tried to sell the card raw A i would get fraction of its potential value , (B) most people would question why I did not get it graded , so I did what made sense to me ,
at least its real , and has great centering all round .
I have had 3 decent offers , I wonder if that would be the case if I tried to sell it raw

Last edited by megalimey; 09-01-2019 at 10:07 AM.