View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
Guys, I was the consignor and I cleaned it with distilled water ONLY. I actually took a picture of the process because I was so surprise how easily it came off. Here it is,

I know skeptics will always be skeptics but judge for yourself. This will be my one and only post about this as I feel that this board has a lynch mob mentality.
Thanks for coming in, I hope you can understand a certain amount of skepticism here considering the dramatic results of your efforts both in appearance and auction results, not to mention the recent controversies on the card side. By drawing attention to the potential in both respects, I think this episode will be helpful to a number of people and has value for that reason. There have been a number of Net54 threads that turned ugly and personal, no doubt, a risk our esteemed admin has policed admirably, in my opinion, but ascribing a "lynch mob mentality" to the entire board is ridiculous, and I don't think many of us would be here if that was the case. In fact, I don't think that kind of board would be around very long. Having said that, as in other areas of my life, when I jump in here I put on my big boy pants and am ready to go toe to toe with whatever comes forth. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 08-27-2019 at 10:02 AM.