View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 PM
Mike Eisenbath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G View Post
Hi, Mike. We probably bumped into to each other at some of those early St. Louis Cards meetings across the river. Loved hearing all of those old collector names that you mentioned. The name Fred Roninger brought back a cool memory. He had some old wrestling Exhibit cards. It was the first time I ever saw any. He could tell that I was jazzed about them and said, "If you like those, take 'em." He had no idea that he created a monster that day.

I remember the first time I saw Buck Barker at one of those meetings. I thought the pope himself had just walked in! Everything stopped! He brought a box of cards and everyone wanted be first to see them. He didn't seem to mind the attention. People were simultaneously reaching into the box, "How much for this one, Buck?'' "Four bucks!" The customer gladly paid and Buck stuffed the four frogs over the top button of his dress shirt!

Mike, I clearly remember your byline on many articles in the Post-Dispatch. Welcome to Net54baseball. It is awesome!
I remember the same about Mr. Barker. It was at the first-ever St. Louis Cards show at Stan Musial's hotel by the airport. He walked in and everything stopped, with all the room's attention turned to him. I was in awe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk