View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Could be worse... WA is 10%

As for the inequity vs. bidders in other states... Is there a projected time-frame in which ALL states will be required to pay sales tax? This "staggered" start is killing us in Washington (first with eBay, then HA, now REA).
From what I read on eBay, each state passed its own law with its own trigger dates. I got a circular recently from the sales tax people here in Cali. Our state does everything on the basis of its fiscal year (7/1-6/30), so taxes and fees adjust or kick in usually in July or October (Q1). In our case, the state is requiring 'marketplace facilitator' sales tax collection starting October 1, 2019. REA might have jumped the gun but I don't care since I have to remit use tax regardless, so whether they collect and remit or I do, it is the same damned thing.

If you are a reseller and you are buying inventory you should be able to provide a resale permit and certificate to eBay and any AH and that should exempt you from paying sales tax up front. I've filed with eBay already.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-21-2019 at 12:56 PM.