View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 05:25 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Another concern is that there have been issues with items PWCC has listed since the original scandal. I assume it hasn't been overwhelming, but it has happened, and their response didn't exactly demonstrate their supposed reform.

Final concern (until I think of another one) is what about their long history of shill bidding and price manipulation. As their advocate obviously you are not volunteering other concerns to the FBI, but the scope of their bad dealings goes far beyond the selling of doctored cards. They basically conspired to manipulate an entire market. If this had been any form of securities (which they wanted to turn cards into!) their would be little question about the fate of the company.
Scott but it isn’t a form of a security, you’re absolutely correct he wanted you to believe The graded high end cards in his auction we’re investment pieces that only go up....but that’s just his opinion. Maybe he should have had a disclaimer like you hear on investment shows. I never took what he said as investment advise...he is a salesman just has a annuity broker is a salesman.

He isn’t a fiduciary....as you know there are zero ethics and rules in this industry. It’s snake oil for for the most part all up to the buyer....again let the market dictate....to many emotions and not enough brains from collectors. When collecting meaning lower value stuff less brain is needed emotion is fine...when collecting with high thousand dollar cards emotion has to go out the window....it’s all brain. Many lost sight of this and bought into his marketing.

His Marketing, use that word lightly, others call manipulation, I’ll stick with Marketing, It was bull S++t.....however it’s just his opinion, it’s up to the market to decided wether it’s a bunch of crap or the real deal.......he obviously duped many many people as marketing his graded cards as investment vehicles.

Putting emotions all aside ......all I can say his don’t buy from the guy or consign to him....

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-23-2019 at 05:35 AM.