View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Impressive collection, I love what you've done.

One of my friends asked me why I collected, and I gave him sort of a similar rundown, using the cards and design to reflect US history. Of course, I did it with almost all commons. In the end he understood, not to the point of wanting to also collect, but he got why.
There are so, so, so many parallels between US and Baseball history - it is so cool. Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Nice recapitalization.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I lost my mom when my oldest son was 1 year old. Still miss seeing her as a grandmother to my kids. They are now 10 and 12 and I am sharing collecting with them!!
I'm sorry for your loss - I know that is what you say when something happens to someone shortly after, but I totally understand and feel the hurt / pain, even if it has been a while. Great job sharing your collecting with the kiddos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Great Job...I like the new collection much better!!! Was your canseco collection worth that much???
Thanks! In my book Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict, I detailed how I spent $107,868 on my collection ... and ultimately turned a profit ... so ... yes, the Canseco collection was worth that much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshwesley View Post
That’s an AWESOME collection. Thanks for sharing

My question would be: could you finance all
Of that by selling a bunch of Canseco’s?

Did you own one of his homes from 1992 by any chance ? 🤪
LOL! Yes, it was all inside of what I sold the Cansecos for and had quite a bit left over