View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 11:38 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Someday, either a new grading company or an existing grading company will come out with a process to remove the humans from the grading process and use optical scanning and CMM tools to measure card size. They might provide this service as an upgraded service alongside human opinions which will be viewed as less reliable but perhaps ok for lower priced, lower grade commons as an authentication option.

When that day comes, there will be a new class of graded cards whose value will exceed those of the human-graded slabbed cards of today's TPG's. I would expect that PSA will actually do this themselves to clean up their image but more importantly, open up a re-grading market for themselves. It will be like the after-market parts business is for cars. It will be more lucrative than the first wave of grading and it will cost them less.

In the process they will create another pool of over 3M cards that will be the target of their next money making endeavor - regrading their previously PSA human-graded cards, but with their new technology.

This will be the only reason that I can think of (other than to alter and resubmit or play the PSA lottery game of hoping for a bump up for a re-grade) that would result mass waves of people cracking out their cards from their holders.

Until that day, I will continue to use my kitchen knives to butter my biscuits.

Tony[/QUOTE]

And there you have it. We should just end this thread right here. We've come full circle to the ultimate motive of this entire debacle. A new high end grading service from PSA that will detect any form of alteration, conservation, trimming, etc., of any card, either raw or slabbed. Using state of the art technology and forensics, you can own a card that is as original as they day it was born.