View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:31 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
It seems to me the issue is with PSA.
The issue is a TPG system that is overvalued by customers, because it delivers results that do not even come close to matching the expectations of those customers. Your PSA 4, SGC 50/4, BVG 4, etc. may have had its grade improved through means that you are not comfortable accepting. The odds of that being true may have always been the same — but that lingering doubt has become a large black cloud thanks to the visual “before-and-afters” that first ran like a wildfire through my signed T206 collection.

How many times have we read over the past few weeks a collector attempting to calm himself by exclaiming “That’s why I never collect anything above a PSA 5!” The truth is, if you have a graded card in your collection—a card graded at any level—the technology used by the TPG to certify that card as “unaltered” to you was woefully inadequate for making that certification, and the criminals do not have a grading threshold below which they are unwilling to go.

Go paleo. Collect what you like regardless of the TPG’s opinion. Try to hold onto any provenance you can grasp.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 05-29-2019 at 02:38 PM.