View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
I think the point of comparison with the stock market is that both cards and stocks have uneducated people investing, which is apt because the risk inherent in that approach (regardless of investment type). This thread is not an "either/or" exercise about lining people up to pick sides, as I have read it.
Even so, on this tangent, I might take the side that the sports card market has at least some perceivable way been tested through a few decades of auction house results, even if this testing is in its infancy.
If this "tested through a few decades of auction house results" was in any way whatsoever perceived as legitimate, investors would be lining up, as traders are constantly looking for the newest or next big thing. This is not happening in any shape or form.

And the original question postulated was should people putting money into cards with no knowledge be concerning to others, with the answer I questioned being NOT ANYMORE SO than the stock market....
so yes, there is an either/or as baseball card investments to an endless plethora would be MORE concerning - regardless of knowledge of either - because of the aforementioned reasons given, ie, established market, registered companies, accumulative gains/loses, feasible research and on and on...