View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe PayPal will be fine. They are a publicly traded company. For any public company shrinking business can be a disaster. I would think that the loss of a big client like eBay and their revenue stream could lead to a major restructuring at least. I don’t think many companies could lose that much and not have a big impact. But maybe they’ll be better than ever.

One thing is for sure - as stated before they are throwing us a big middle finger when they should be thanking us for our continued business now that we have a choice.

I personally would think if someone was going to make a bold statement like a business is going under in a few years that they would at least go look at the fundamentals because they are available online to help form their opinion. PayPal made 2.06 billion in the last 12 months as of December 31st and those numbers are even higher today. It is easy to use and reliable and the market opportunity for them is growing not shrinking. They did 15.45 billion in revenue for 2018 and the estimates for 2020 are 21.16 billion. You don't find stocks that are making 52 week highs after a 20% correction in the SP 500 that aren't doing well. People might not like the changes but business will move forward because there isn't a better alternative and they have significant brand loyalty.