View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I asked them at least three times on facebook days before the break to see better pictures and the tax stamps. I was told no need they would do it on the air during the break. They were told the PB likely was from the late 20s or early 30s by other collectors. They were also told to use gloves, carefully slice the seams, and save the packages as they would be worth money long before the opening (they did not listen or care). They presumably thought it would generate a buzz and drive people to their site. Which it most likely did. But there is a large backlash on facebook currently by collectors who range from annoyed to horrified by the antics of the two.

Also...the unopened packs came from Steiner Sports auctions (according to facebook posts by Vintage Breaks) which did list them as possibly containing cards with scans of the tax stamps (I am no Jon but it looks like there were overprints on the stamps).

I personally was leaning to not watch their stuff anymore and was heading that way just for the amount of vintage material they are destroying. Now, I am certain not to watch or deal with them.