View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Maybe not many exist because they are large and on paper so they didn't survive in quantity? I read where the offer was only on the final series wrapper too. Plus a penny was a lot of money back then! Nice thread.

From the past collection.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumeleno View Post
Wondering about the R318 Batter Up Premiums lately. We know those were issued along with a regular R318 Batter Up card based on the R318 card/gum wrappers. But to date, of the photos (see below for example from Old Cardboard website) of what we are calling the R318 Batter Up Premiums, only a handful have been discovered vs. several thousand of the cards.

Those use the same images as the cards so I believe they are related to Batter Up. However, I am wondering if those are really the same premiums mentioned on the wrappers. It makes little sense as to why so few would be known as opposed to the cards if they were distributed in the same quantities.

Is it possible that the Photo Art mentioned on the wrapper could be a different issue? For example, do we know how something like the R312 Colored Photos set was distributed? That looks more like 'Photo Art' to me & were also created by National Chicle according to the ACC, just as the Batter Up cards were. They also are from 1936, which corresponds with when some of the Batter Up cards were issued. R312 is just an example - if not R312, could another set of premiums possibly be the Batter Up Photo Art premiums instead of what we currently believe they are?